Learning Management System
What is a Learning Management System?
A Learning Management System (LMS) is a software package, that enables the management and delivery of learning content and resources to students or employee. World most LMS systems are web-based to facilitate anytime anywhere access to learning content and resources. Learning Management System (LMS) are used by regulated industries for there Compliance training. They are also used by educational institutions to enhance and support classroom teaching and offering courses to a larger population of learners.
The Learning Management System (LMS) usually allows for student registration, the delivery and tracking of e-learning courses and content, and may also allow for the management of instructor-led training classes. Most Learning Management System (LMS) allow for learner self-service, facilitating self-enrollment, and access to courses.
Why someone should use a Learning Management System?
Learning Management System (LMS) will provide you on-line platform where users are manage learning easily and effectively. To improved knowledge flow across the organization Learning Management System (LMS) is play essential role. Learning Management System (LMS) also reduced administrative costs. it will give you better decision making option through instant analysis of student or employee progress levels. The Learning Management System (LMS) is Cloud-based and thus can be used safely from anywhere across the world that has internet connectivity.
There are many Learning Management Systems (LMS) on the market, and their prices are very high. zaintechs Offer your company a simple solution to train your employee and customers, or a online training and test of your product.We can give you easy and less expensive learning Management system (LMS) using open scource Learning Management Systems (LMS) i.e Moodle.
Why Zaintechs suggests Moodle over other opensource LMS?
Moodle (abbreviation for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment) is a free source e-learning software platform, also known as a Course Management System and Learning Management System (LMS), or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). As of December 2011 it had a user base of 72,177 registered and verified sites, serving 57,112,669 users in 5.8 million courses this statistic show moodle is best and widely used Open source LMS.
Moodle is used to host online/offline classes. It can also be used in various other aspects of business, besides classroom delivery platform Moodle on-line learning management system (LMS) can be used for creating, integrating, tracking and managing courses, quizzes, and presentations of your product and company information.
Moodle learning management system (LMS) allows you to configure the layout of your course with your own personalized text and images. We've made creating on-line quizzes easier then ever. You can change everything from the font, size, color, images on course even you can put N number of courses with different enrollment access. You can set format as weekly, topic, social for your specific needs and can set start date and end date of your course. Enrolling user and giving him grade and permission, role for certain time limit easy.
These are the following features of Moodle Learning Management System (LMS):
- User creation manual
- User creation using CSV file
- Self user id Creation options
- Grouping User for individual course
- User Profile
- Massage option
- Comments options
- Auto enrollment
- Manual enrollment
- Role for the user, teacher, course creator
- Course creation with different format i.e weekly, topic, social
- Course creation using CSV file with user enrollment and course date, course format functionality
- Course duration with time and date
- Backup of course manual and auto settings
- Restore of course settings
- Course completion tracking option for individual user
- Calender for individual user
- Lesson integration inside course
- Quiz integration inside course
- Quiz attempt settings for the user
- Quiz open and close date settings
- Quiz time settings
- Quiz layout settings
- Option to add question in quiz with category and multiple answer allowed settings
- Option to add question type i.e multiple choice, yes and no,True/False, calculated, calculated multiple choice, short and long answer, matching etc
- Option to decide marks for the individuals question also negative marking option are available
- Location and timezone settings
- Language settings
- IP blocker option settings
- Result of individual user
- Result export import option
- Backup and restore of learning management system (LMS)
Who is using Moodle?
- Moodle is used by a variety of institutions and individuals, including:
- Corporate companies
- High schools
- Primary schools
- Government departments
- Healthcare organisations
- Military organistions
- Oil companies
- Independent educators
- special educators
Some large companies like Google, Shell, BP and GAC use Moodle for their internal training courses. Institute like Cisco use Moodle for the Cisco Academy and IIT bombay use moodle for thier internal acadmy courses.The fact that companies like these use open source when they could afford anything on the market but price is not the main factor, moodle is more pwoerfull than any other LMS.